Friday, September 16, 2011

Minimalist

It is time to lose weight. I don't mean the kind that I carry on my bones, but the emotional baggage that takes up space in my mind, heart and (oddly) visceral organs, not to mention a cramped corner of my bedroom in which boxes of memorabilia reside.

I'm ditchin' it: all the love letters from exes, the cards/letters from friends and co-workers I've lost track of. Even the communication with family members. I'll pare it down to the really important pieces and then purge til it hurts and leave it at that (until the next purge). I have a feeling that carrying that baggage around has kept me in the past.

No more. Looking forward. Traveling light. I want to be free to jump at opportunities. I want to run toward life instead of dragging it around behind me.

So, here's to the great purge of 2011!

No comments: