Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Pity "Potty" (Party)

"I need you to do something for me." I wiped away my tears with the tissue Jdoc handed me.
"Sure. Anything."
"I need you to throw me a Pity Party."
Cdoc suggested we decorate with toilet paper streamers, an idea I love!
I cried, I dried up, and now we've moved on to party planning.

October 11th is the surgery date.

A month and a half until I'm 10 pounds lighter. Some people remove ribs, I remove organs!

I know I can live without my colon, probably even better, but I'm rather attached to it. I'm going to miss it. I still have my weepy moments, but the Pity Party is a bright spot... that and 2 weeks off from work. Doctor says 4-6 weeks - I, of course, translate that to mean two weeks. I can't help myself.

Did I mention that my surgeon wears bowties? Honestly. Bowties! How precious is that? (Don't worry, he's also Harvard trained. The bowties are just a bonus.)

We should all wear bowties to the party!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JM this is such good news for you. But I understand your attachment to the colon. Therefore, your party should be a Au Revoire Colon Party. Kiss that thing goodbye!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes and positive thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I would love to come to the party.
Love MDoc

cmm said...

I'd blow my nose on the toilet paper streamers! I am thinking happy, adios-colon thoughts. But a bow-tie? Is it a clip-on, or a tie-it-yourself jobbie?
love cm