Jmtoo has returned from Louisiana and my brothers are both in MT, again. This makes me happy. To give you a mental picture, one looks and acts very much like John Corbett (loved him as Aidan) and the other is a mixture between Luke Wilson and Napoleon Dynamite (“Gahd, you’re so stupid! I can’t believe I’m part of this family!”) They define themselves in opposition to one another, but I find they are very similar. Maybe it’s better to say that there is a correlation between one and the other. They are bound, invisibly and indefinitely.
One is liberal, the other is conservative. One wanders the world, the other bought a house on a golf course at the age of 24. They are both serial monogamists. They are excellent dancers and tell their sisters, “I love you.” Our dad kissed them goodnight on the lips when they were boys. They have confessed and cried together (not looking at each other) sitting up at the bar with their hands wrapped around a beer. They have both been hit by drunk men.
Last Halloween they won 2nd place at a costume contest as Dumb and Dumber, complete with helmet head haircuts and moped. I heard tell that they did the snake across the dance floor.
These men will spend the rest of the summer camping, rock climbing, mountain biking and hanging out together, completely happy in the deepest part of themselves because they are together, and yet, they will each report to me: “I just don’t understand him.”
2 comments:
Quite a lovely tribute. You understand them.
This entry made me miss my sisters immensely (which includes you, of course)!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Post a Comment