Wednesday, July 20, 2005

JM vs. the IT Dept.

A big shout out to jdoc of slapdash, who introduced me to blogging, and to kc who encouraged me to blog and bought me a G&T in celebration last night (G&T is best part of summer as does not require donning of one's swimsuit). I don't know what I did with my time before this. Brother, jmtoo, suggests I might clean my bathroom were I not otherwise engaged - what? - he's known me just about the longest of anyone on this earth and he knows that to be false - but I did go home and clean the bathroom out of shame, brother. out of shame. wept on the vanity. used an old toothbrush on the tile. whipped myself with terrycloth towels left over from our childhood (Rambo beachtowel? oh yes).

ok, this is the 4th time i've attempted to post this. Work is sabotaging my efforts to blog! But I'll get them. This is just the sort of rebellious project (that doesn't lead to criminal charges) that I've been looking for. Perhaps I've found my "nemesis" (good word jdoc) in the IT department. Bring it on! There was a storm this morning and I feel the winds a changin'....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's clear to me who is winning so far.

Anonymous said...

JM, I suggest V&T's instead - they aren't quite as tough on your liver yet serve the purpose of distraction, avoiding the don of swimsuit, AND will be sure to aid in your rebellion against the machine (work) when you've had a few too many ...

I'd like to give a shout out to jdoc and JM for giving me the rebellious projects I've been searching for - reading and commenting on blogs.

jm said...

Yeah! Welcome bdoc. so proud of your work, I am. You have such great stories yourself - perhaps rebellious project should be writing of own blog....

will research this weekend on efficacy of V&T