Friday, May 12, 2006

Hospital Hallway Conversation

JM: Careful of the bruise on my arm there.
Nurse Friend: It’s huge. What did you do?
JM: I walked into a street sign.
NF: Seriously. Are you in an unsafe home environment?
JM: No, the sign was facing the other way – I had the skinny side – and I didn’t see it. Smacked my arm right into it.
NF: You know, I don’t usually believe that excuse, but somehow I believe it of you.

2 comments:

aemelia said...

Nice.

Connie said...

I think it is great that one of your co-workers/friends would ask that question. Seriously! More women should look out for eachother like that. Domestic Violence is so bad and having supportive co-workers that care enough to make the first step is very important.

Give her a high five for me.

On another note, I frequently bruise from running into things. I blame it on my bad eye sight, even when I am wearing my glasses. Sigh.