My brother drives a Saab for which I believe he paid under $100. That was initially, of course. Since then he has invested quite a bit and one would think the car would show him some love for his ministrations, but alas, he finds himself once again, tools in hand, replacing random European car parts in order to figure out why the hell his doors won’t open.
“Luckily, the back door won’t lock. So I open the back door, reach to the front door and open it that way. Of course, the passenger door won’t open no matter what, so if I have other people in my car they have to sit in the back. But then I have to let them out because the back door doesn’t open from the inside, only the driver’s door will do that. It’s basically like I’m a chauffeur.”
Always one to be Zen ... well, I guess climbing the basketball hoop in the school playground and refusing to come down wasn’t exactly Zen…. Having suddenly become Zen in his twenties, Brother sees the car as metaphor and has accepted the daily challenge just getting behind the wheel poses.
And, of course, there is always a silver lining:
“It has simplified dating. If a girl is determined enough to sit in the front passenger seat, I know she really likes me – because I make her crawl over me to get to it.”
2 comments:
Great! Why don't you tell the whole world that me back door doesn't lock? GOSH!!! In all honesty to read it made me saab. (Tears of laughter that is.) You failed to mention that the stereo system consists of a walkman with a double headphone jack. It is the "Zen Mobile" ladies and don't belive everything my sister types. You are more than welcome to crawl in the back seat! On the the second date of course, Jodi did teach me somethings.
Yes, jmtoo is highly rated as charmer and very good guy. He's been known to buy Christmas trees for women he doesn't even know. Oh, and he's an excellent cook. Makes pumpkin pies from scratch!
Bro, a dashboard budda - that's what you need.
Post a Comment