Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sliding Doors

I often wonder if I would work in Cancer if my mother had not died from it. Everytime I try to leave, I end up back here again.

I think that her death is my "Sliding Door" moment - the event that changed everything.

I wonder if every moment is a potential "sliding door" moment or if we only get one or possibly a handful. Am I grateful for the opportunities it has brought to me? Yes. Am I sad for everything I lost in that moment? Yes. But who would I be without my constant companion - the Motherless Daughter? Who could I have been, and is she better than who I became?

5 comments:

Connie said...

OOOOHHH - I am going to rent that movie this weekend, and start thinking about all of my sliding doors moments. . .

jm said...

Auto - Let me know if the movie inspires you to cut your hair...

Anonymous said...

I've never even heard of the movie. Now I must look it up!

But you could not have turned out any more lovely jm...

kathy said...

I love that movie. When I saw it in high school, I totally went and chopped all my hair off. I don't think I looked as good as Gwennie though.

Connie said...

Okay - I watched it, but I am not quite ready to cut my hair. I forgot how totally wonderful that movie is though. Cried like a baby.

Then watched Kicking and Screaming. God, I love that movie. "Otis, are you wearing mascara?" "No." "Yes."

Brilliant!