In line for ice cream down by the lake.
I chase dollar bill which flies into a man's chest ... Nersi? Yes. Nersi. College brainiac and witty wonder. But I forget his name. When he says, "Jodi?" I say, "Elan?" Um, yeah. Not so much.
He invites me over to the table he has in the shade of the pavillion. I skip over with my ice cream and my circle skirt with big peony-style flowers sewn along the bottom.
Two people join us. Then 4. Suddenly I find myself the only woman at a table full of attractive men - most of whom are Asian or Indian.
All of whom are gay.
"I don't mean to offend..." begins one man as his story turns juicy. "Oh, don't worry about her," says Nersi. "She's a total hag."
I giggle in delight. He might as well have called me beautiful. That's how happy it makes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment