I couldn't access my blog and it just about killed me. I have been thinking a lot about my need to write, whether it be to confess or to whine or maybe just to tell a story, any story. I have a valve and if I don't release something into the world I feel steam come out of my ears.
Actually, nothing is getting through my ears these days. I have a cold. I know, all you mothers and teachers have been through this several times this season and nursed yourselves and every member of your family, but I'm talking about myself here, so indulge the spoiled single girl for a moment.
I'm sick.
Not only do I have a cold and headache, but I can't leave my house because my bathroom is in my house. I tried grocery shopping last Thursday and had to abandon my basket in the most random, out of the way place (a.k.a. the pharmacy) three times and run, I mean RUN, to the restroom. The good news is that I have completely gotten over my fear of using public restrooms. I am now only mildly disturbed by the collection of needles behind the stool.
Basically I'm feeling sorry for myself because the dog ate all the cheese chips I spent half an hour making and I was left with a bowl of fresh guacamole and no way to eat it short of spooning it into my mouth in-between breaths because my cold makes me a mouth-breather. I am now returning to bed and since I've worn nothing but pajamas all weekend, I don't have to get ready for bed I can just collapse into it and wait for the next urgent rush to the bathroom.
Luckily, friends have donated good magazines for bathroom reading material. Really, I have nothing to complain about.
1 comment:
I am enjoying the crap pun. Intended or not.
Post a Comment