I've decided that I want to go to graduate school. For business. I know, I know. I always said I hated business. Turns out strategic alliances and change management turn me on. It must be the power. Being paid to manipulate people - bring on the whips and chains.
Despite the usual appeal of promotion and larger pay checks, the part of the program I seem most interested in is the opportunity to go back to Sweden and study at the Handelshogskolan in Stockholm. I could live in my old dorm, Lappis, and visit the florist who fed me lunch everyday and taught me how to make hand-tied bouquets, which she then made me deliver to the young men who sold watches at the Rolex store. They wore clever suits and where therefore considered good catches.
I suppose I could skip the $50,000 addition to my only real possession (my debt) and just go to Sweden for vacation, but then I wouldn't get to sit in front of a gaggle of swedes as they accuse me of voting for Bush and ask me, "Why do you allow poverty to occur in the richest country in the world?" This actually happened to me, though it was the other Bush.
It's fascinating to study capitalism in a socialist country. How do they stay competetive in the world economy when they have no wage gap?
Then again, one of their major exports is the SAAB, and as brother jmtoo would testify, the Saab is a sad story.
3 comments:
I don't know if you're serious about business school, but M loves it. He's doing an MBA for professionals and wishes he'd taken Economics and Psychology in undergrad instead of all those stinking Engineering courses.
And you could go to Sweden. That would actually be THE reason to go.
Oh, besides joining me in debtor's prison.
As the regretfull owner of a second SAAB, my first being a beautiful economical little hatchback which was ripped from my loving family by a careless 16 year old after it had survived travel across many European borders and a long boat trip, I can relate to your brother's SAAB (sob)story (as my dad calls it). Our second one hates me--I'm actually beginning to think that its personal!
And hey, if you live in Sweden, I may have an excuse to visit you or you to come to deutschland.
AZ
Would LOVE to visit you in Germany, even if I don't end up in Sweden. This time I mean it. Vacation time is no longer being used for friends' weddings so vacations are actually possible!
Another way to accumulate debt as well - travel. I love my debt. It's all I have.
Post a Comment