The Snapping Turtle (seriously, he looks like a turtle - his upper lip is shaped into a point and he's short with beady eyes - there is no trusting this little Napoleon) is driving me crazy. I'll just look to see if our competitors have any jobs posted....
Well, choke my chicken, I was just talking about a position like this.
The phone rings.
"Hello, this is Kate from the HR office and I'm calling because Dr. B. has recommended you for a position in one of our clinics."
"You're not going to believe this, but I just came across this job on-line myself. I'm looking at it as we speak."
That was Monday. On Wednesday I got a call from EE, a former supervisor who now works for the competitors. "Mr. CEO wants you to send your resume today. He wants to get interviews set up with you as soon as possible." Luckily I'd decided to update my resume last week so I quickly wrote a letter and sent it off.
Two hours later I had a phone interview while hiding in a darkened conference room and tried to speak intelligently while constantly checking the doors for The Snapping Turtle. Another is set up for later this week.
Last night when we read The Cards after watching The Bachelor In Paris, The Cards said my stagnant life would be set into motion. At the time I hoped I was headed to Paris.
2 comments:
I have a confession. I am additict to the Bachelor in Paris. Maybe its the fact that he reminds me of my friend Kurt, only he is more intelligent, articulate, and does not chew tobacco. Or, maybe it is the drama. (I just don't have enough in my life since I no longer live with 3 sisters.) Travis might even pass the brother test!
I hope you get the job you deserve, and never get snapped by Mr. Turtle.
Jmtoo, are you saying that you approve of Travis as a future brother-in-law? Because I'm willing to make that happen....
Post a Comment