Dear Dr. LC:
Thank you for your compassionate and competent care. I appreciated it when you told me you were crabby from not getting enough sleep last night and the fact that my disease has been so bad for so long makes you even crabbier – “I didn’t know it was THIS bad!”
Thank you for giving me a breast exam and reassuring me that the 2 new lumps in my breast are most likely cysts – “They move, which is a good sign.” I know your specialty is the colon and not the breast and your willingness to “calm [me] down because the stress of worrying about this isn’t helping [me] at all!” was very kind.
Thank you for threatening me. “I am going to call NG (primary care) on Monday even if you don’t call her. YOU WILL GET A MAMMOGRAM, Young Lady. NEXT WEEK. I know you have a deadline but this is important.”
I laughed when I picked up your message on my cell just now: “Hi, Jodi, it’s Dr. C. I’m sorry to call you at home but I was just dictating in your chart and I realized the dose of Imuran you are on is WAY to high for you now that you’ve lost all that weight. So STOP. I want you to take 150 mg daily, not 200mg. Not that it hurt your liver at all, because I have your labs here and you’re perfectly fine. Also, I called NG and she knows the situation and she said she’d get on your case. I’ll see you soon, Buddy. I hope you enjoy the sigmoidoscopy on Wednesday! HA! Every girl needs an enema! Take care.”
Love,
JM
3 comments:
Your doctor may not be able to take away your illness, but it sounds like you have a great one to help you through it.
She's the BEST! I am always so happy to see her come into my room when I'm in the hospital - almost as happy as when I see a friend! She sits by my bed and holds my hand while I cry and says, "I know it sucks. It's just terrible you have to go through this. We'll do everything we can to make you better."
Everyone needs a good Dockter, errr, I mean Doctor. You're always in my thought JM.
Post a Comment