New Year's Eve, a cowboy in a tanned leather vest (with fringe) approaches us. "Would you like to dance?" He asks Adub.
"She'll dance with you," she gestures towards me with her whiskey.
"No, SHE'LL dance with you."
"No, you should dance with HER."
"No, really, YOU should dance with him..."
"She's single. Dance with her."
I dance with him. I try talking to him, but he is one of those Mr. Darcy types who refuses to talk while he dances. This is ok with me because, unlike Mr. Darcy, he is missing quite a few teeth. Did I mention he's about 70?
Surprisingly, he's an excellent dancer! Yehaw! I'm spinning around the floor and dancin' the two-step!
Later as we walk across the grass from the saloon to the lower lodge Adub, plastic cup in hand, announces, "This whiskey, it's for breakfast!"
3 comments:
I'm so glad you're back at blogging - I've missed you JM. I"m really sorry that we didn't get to see each other while you were here (MT). I hope you enjoyed the love of The Fam while in Chico, like I did. What a great place to spend some time during the holidays.
Let's all go there at the same time next year!!!
YES! We have reservations thru 2008 - so we'll be there!
Yeah! I made the blog!
Post a Comment