Thursday, January 05, 2006

What? Do I SMELL?

They're abandoning ship!

"I promise to come back for you!" yells my boss, my mentor, as she rows her boat away from the sinking vessel on which I stand. "I'll call you every week with prospective jobs!"

Two hours later, I'm still reeling when, "Hey, I hate to tell you this because I love working with you, but I resigned today." This from my buddy Eric.

"What? You're my marketing department! You're my sanity in rough water! Your last name is worse than mine!! Don't leave me, man!"

I take a look around. Two new Captains - started 2 days ago. Two old Captains - a bit lost, not sure which side is port. Several sailors running around trying to plug holes with rolls of bandages and a receptionist who's shreiking that the sky is falling.

Sounds fun, doesn't it?

No comments: