Ukemochi, the Japanese Shinto goddess of transformation, was killed by a god she offended (OK, she vomited on him) but then she transformed into beautiful and amazing things. It is my hope that, like with poor Ukemochi, good things will come of this spewing forth of words.
Saturday, September 03, 2005
A Haiku
I am poor and black And stranded in New Orleans Not many white folks
Some military dude was on NPR this morning defending the USA's response to Katrina comparing it to the Congo's response after their natural disaster. He said that the USA actually did pretty good in comparison. Congo, USA, pretty close, same resources, same economic backing, similar governments, same communication technology, same socital class structure - uh WHAT?
I supppose it is better not to sit and critize the government right now - better to write a check to the Red Cross.
How amazing that we responded better than the Congo! Too bad we aren't levy experts like the Dutch, but we really can't expect to be on par with Europe.
I agree - no use pointing fingers, yet, but I for one will definitely NOT be writing any checks to the Republican Party.
2 comments:
Some military dude was on NPR this morning defending the USA's response to Katrina comparing it to the Congo's response after their natural disaster. He said that the USA actually did pretty good in comparison. Congo, USA, pretty close, same resources, same economic backing, similar governments, same communication technology, same socital class structure - uh WHAT?
I supppose it is better not to sit and critize the government right now - better to write a check to the Red Cross.
How amazing that we responded better than the Congo! Too bad we aren't levy experts like the Dutch, but we really can't expect to be on par with Europe.
I agree - no use pointing fingers, yet, but I for one will definitely NOT be writing any checks to the Republican Party.
Post a Comment