Monday, September 19, 2005

Welcome to the Family, Al

My sister, in a burst of strength and courage the likes of which our family has never seen from her before, delivered a 9 1/2 pound baby girl at 8:01 PM Friday, Sept. 16th.

Sept 16 was her due date.

I'm concerned that this child will be prompt for her entire life. Our family is not prompt. That's why we were always in the last pew at church, that and because we needed a quick escape for when we inevitably began to giggle.

Not to mention that her mother only had to push for about an hour. She is obviously efficient, as well as prompt. Another concern. In our family, things that were to be put away upstairs were collected in a basket at the bottom of the stairs. Some items in that basket have been there for a decade.

I blame my brother-in-law for these quirks in his child. The man reads about the stockmarket while he's skiing. I mean, while he's on skis going down the slope. THAT'S efficiency.

So, welcome to The Family, Al (or Lex, or Lexie - whatever you decide, you have a very versatile name). You are the first of the Little Little Kids (as opposed to your aunt and uncle who are the original Little Kids, and will be until they die!) You are loved by so many and we can't wait to corrupt you and show you how to shit in the woods.

3 comments:

aemelia said...

Congratulations! You are officially an AUNT. Do you have pictures?

jm said...

Yes! I'm an AUNT! Crazy. Pictures are in my other email account so will have to wait until I can access it. I'm in LOVE already!

Anonymous said...

Oh nooooooo, I hope Al is born with patience too - for all the times she's waiting for The Family and is the only one to show up on time ...

Welcome to the world Al. Thanks for bringing innocence, love and splendor to it for the rest of us to enjoy.