I have no idea what to talk about in therapy this week. I like to be prepared. I am going because I decided to acquire some "tools" to help me better deal with issues as they come up in my life. It's been helpful and I have a nice red toolbox full of "choose," "decide" and "find the value to you." Oh, and that little word, "I." All very helpful.
But NOW what? I know I'm not done, but I think the easy work has been done. We've washed the sheets and the towels and cleaned off the kitchen counter and even looked in the closets where I've done some excellent organizing.
I think it's time for the refridgerator.
Ah, the dark cold place where I put things to keep until I'm ready to deal with them - the place where 'left-overs' go to die. It's not a pretty sight and I'm embarrassed to open the door and let another person witness this moldy...what was this? Because I know it's time - I'm desperately going through the tupperware containers, smelling things, tossing them out.
Self: What are you doing? Don't just throw it out! That's not helping, besides you'll NEED that tupperware. This is what you're paying him for. Let him do his job.
JM: You're right, you're right, I know you're right. Just let me throw this one last thing...
Self: That's the vegetable drawer! You're throwing away the vegetable drawer?
JM: Hmmm, how much does a new fridge cost?
Self: You know you'll just end up back at this point if you don't face the moldy things and address the issue of why you don't DEAL WITH THEM WHEN THEY'RE FRESH.
JM: Quick! Grab the clean towels. Maybe I can convince him they need to be washed again! Distract him from the fridge. Genius! That's what that is...
Self: Sick, actually...
(Perhaps should talk about this worrisome "split personality." Self is annoying.)
5 comments:
Start with the freezer. There you can get to the meat of the matter. I went through "The Parents" freezer last summer and found items in there from previous marriages. Then again you could just pay the cleaning lady to do it for you!
I'm pretty sure the "meat of the matter" is the very thing I'm trying to avoid - and yet - the entire reason I'm there. I always fight the wrong fight.
Remember when we used to have venison in our freezer? Long time no venison...
Oh, and the frozen Snickers! God, I want one!
The lesson to be learned here is:
If you don't like to clean, then you should figure out a way to afford to pay someone "The Cleaning Lady" to do it.
We all have leftovers, somewhere way in the back on the shelf. I have no idea why we keep them!?.
Terr Dogg
I think the lesson I'm learning is, when I'm paying someone to help me work on something, I shouldn't hide from him or manipulate him into thinking I'm fine.
Post a Comment