I have been "Just Showing Up" to work, which is really the hardest part. Once there, I do one thing and then another and these add up to many things accomplished, just because I showed up.
I really think that just showing up might be the best thing I could do. As Jessie pointed out, it leaves energy for a life. At some point, I came to believe that I am my job, but I am so much more, and I can't believe it took me so long to figure it out.
Now I think I'll start showing up for things outside of work. I'll show up at yoga and not try so hard to nail every pose. I'll show up at my creative writing class, even if I'm not feeling creative. I'll show up at my computer and see what I write. I'll show up in life and see what being there brings me because it's all about location, location, location.
So long as every place has a bathroom, I'm alright.
2 comments:
my dad turned me on to the "life is showing up" philosophy a long time ago. i agree, and i like it.
in a nutshell, the "showing up" philosophy was why i wasn't really so happy as a stay-at-home-mom. you see, there wasn't anywhere to show up TO.
You are a damn good writer.
Post a Comment