Thursday, September 01, 2005

Mission Impossible: DATE

September 1, 2005, the date I chose to begin dating.

Now, some of you might have thought that I, being 30, have surely dated, and you would be correct --- just, well, not for 10 years.

That's right, my last date was 10 years ago, so what?

Am I ugly? A control freak? A freak of nature? - Anything is a possibility but I like to think I'm just picky. I have a lot of male friends, who seem to disappear as soon as they get married, but that's a topic for another time.

I suddenly feel the need, as a single woman in her 30's, to put myself in this world and possibly find some interesting blog topics. So, I am researching all avenues.
  1. Match.com - brought about one of the marriages I attended this summer. A possibility.
  2. Eharmony - very long bio page - I mean, these answers are mood dependent. What if I change my mind?
  3. Set-ups require good friends who know good single guys and there seems to be a dearth of such men - although I'm entering the age when divorced men become a possibility and I'm learning that this can be a good thing - unless the baggage includes kids. I put my step-mother through hell and know this fate is in store for me as pay-back, so I'm avoiding Mr. Mom as long as I can.

    Please feel free to let me know any thoughts, experiences or advice you might have. You will hopefully benefit from my experiences - through the the reading of scary anecdotes -so don't hold back.

    WARNING: Either this message, or it's originator, will self-destruct before this mission is completed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

JM, I like your advice to jdoc about how she can decide to make things happen. I'm happy to see that you are attempting to test that theory. I think you should move to MT. There are some good single ones around here!!!

I have the best one though so you'll have to settle for 2d best ;-)

Anonymous said...

I was just about to say the same thing about deciding. Love that advice and am living by it.

Let's move to MT together. Oh. Just bought that damn house.

Connie said...

JM - my anecdotal advice for dating is based on what I have seen and NOT experienced, so how is that for a qualifier. You have to be totally happy and content with yourself. You have to not care if you ever find someone and then poof, you end up making out with Mr. Right at a Lame T-Shirt party or a wedding. Either way. Maybe someday I will blog about my dating stragegies - you won't know whether to cry or laugh, but it all worked out. Needless to say, the best part of being married is NEVER having to date again.

Oh and stay away from white dudes with dread locks or have more expensive shoes than you do. Bad news bears.