Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Homeward Bound

I leave for home on Thursday. The rest of the family is already there. ALL of them. Needless to say that I have found it difficult to concentrate at work. I haven't seen my Dad or my brothers since Jan. 2nd! And I can't wait to meet my niece!

I have big plans to blog from home - I hope to capture some moments with someone's camera and display them for the whole world to see. I have one shot in mind that makes me giggle with glee.

In the meantime, I am attending going away parties for former bosses and mentors and watching the cancer care program I know swing wildly (all very heartbreaking for me) - the new year brings many changes at work and my mind has shut down around it. I am unable to go there. So, I find myself in the NOW, which is where the experts say I should be anyway.

I also find myself wanting to retreat. Tomorrow is the longest night of the year and I want to crawl under the covers and let the darkness take me - or get into my car and drive West - into the vast darkness of the unknown - a land where tumbleweed actually tumbles.

So, while I try to be productive at work and get my last minute to-do list in order (laundry ... and return all the gifts I bought for myself when I was supposed to be buying for someone else) I will leave you with this gem:

"Thoughts work like magnets; you attract what you think." - Karen Salmansohn

4 comments:

aemelia said...

I have a surprise present for you!

aemelia said...

I have a surprise present for you!

jm said...

I have a surprise present for YOU!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am not surprised at all.