
I’ve written a lot about my father lately as a prelude to today, his 57th birthday. See, I’m cheap and didn’t send him a present and this attention is my sad attempt to make up for it. It could be argued that our close relationship might require some analysis by a professional but, so far, it’s kept me out of making a horrendous marriage to a father figure and that ain’t a bad thing.
Note: I am not in this picture because I was in the bathroom...where I ALWAYS am.
Thanks to the Terrdogg who taught me:
How to braid
How to manipulate people, influence them AND make friends
That the Sears catalog really can be used as toilet paper
That sarcasm always has a place in any political debate
The importance of Robert Service poetry – that sprightly Sam McGee
How to tell a good story
How to make mistakes that are worthy of a good laugh
(and let’s just put in a general “catch-all” here for ALL bad habits my friends have had to put up with)
To the man who in his last email to me wrote, “Damn, I love you…”
Goddamnit, I love you, too…
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to TM!
You are a very good daughter and it's no wonder he loves you so damn much.
BTW - you, like Dooce, may need a poop archives.
Oh - it's Terr-Dogg's B-Day today! What a glorious day! Happy B-Day Terry! I would like to add to the tribute the following:
- He always knows how to give a compliment "You don't sweat much for how heavy you are"
- He always said that men could be pregnant too - "I'm pregnant with an elephant and his trunk is sticking out" (maybe not appropriate - but for those who know this wonderful man will get exactly what I'm talking about!)
and
- He is the best step-dad a girl could ever ask for!
I love you too Terr-Dogg!
Jeri - I'd totally forgotten about the elephant! Sooo funny! I actually might have blocked that memory...
So happy to have you comment! You will bring much to my blog - as much as you've brought to my life, sister.
Post a Comment