Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Thing to Fling

"It's not WHAT you fling. It's the FLING itself!" Chris Stevens - Northern Exposure

I'm addicted to Northern Exposure - Again.

And this line has been running through my head the past 4 days.

I'm suddenly desperate for:

1) a catapult

2) something to FLING, man! Something to fling....

Chris's first intention was to fling a cow, but Monty Python had already done it. This depressed him until he decided to fling a charred piano. In later episodes he flings his friend's casket into the lake.

If only I knew what to fling....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something to fling? Try this. Fling just one thing that you worry about, then if that works "fling" another worry, and another until you have no more worries. Sounds like fun, right?
TJM (DAD)

jm said...

You know, Dad, I hadn't thought about it like that, but you're right. Of all things, that's what I SHOULD fling. But how does one fling the intangible? Much easier to fling my job, say, but that creates new worries. Must think more about this...

aemelia said...

i'm in the midst of flinging all the crap out of my hotmail account, but i keep getting distracted by my friends' blogs. please help me. what can i do?

Anonymous said...

I really like the idea of flinging the old email messages. That would feel productive when I should be planning lessons or writing a thesis -- both of which I'd like to fling.

When's the next entry coming?