Tuesday, November 15, 2005

And YOU were there and YOU...

"Ok. Will do. And the deadline for this?"

"Let's say Thursday so that we're ready to send it on Monday."

(In my head: Tuesday is almost over. Wednesday. Thursday. I don't work Friday...[although I am coming in extra to attend a meeting] go through over 50 charts and pull out data...analyze that data and then write an abstract...please, let this be a nightmare!)

"Ok."

She looks at me and smiles. "So, I guess you'll want to get started."

What I really want is to wake up and realize I'm on vacation and this is just another stress dream.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought this only happened in my nightmares ...

And in your free time, you should write your memoirs. I'd read them ;-)

jm said...

bdoc, you are so supportive! Acutally, it's not so much MY memoirs as my family's memoirs. I am related to some very funny people! I can't imagine what life must be like for those families who do not laugh at each other - or themselves. Certainly not the case with the docs!

Anonymous said...

I love that you gathered yourself and began with the most important step of this project: blog entry.

jm said...

Yes, thank god for blog as method of venting and calming down as co-workers are unaware of my true neruotic nature.