Monday, November 28, 2005

I Actually Read a Book Containing the Word: "Into-Me-See"

This weekend I had a realization. Or maybe a few:

1) Something has finally committed to me - it will never abandon me - MY CHRONIC DISEASE IS HERE TO STAY.

2) I have a dark side - the messy, emotional, human side - I'm human. And so are you. We produce snot, shit, tears and nose hair.

3) People like to fix things. They can't fix me - nothing they try works - I'll always have days when I'm sick. This frustrates people.

4) In order to protect others from my dark side - and from the frustration of living with someone unfixable - I don't allow people to love me. Or at the very least I make it really challenging.

5) I'm not really protecting anyone, I'm just making life difficult for myself. Lonely, too.

6) Everybody has a dark, messy, emotional, human quality inside of them that is base and not very attractive. Why should I pretend it doesn't exist? Wouldn't it be better if I could accept ALL of myself (and others)?

7) Maybe I'm not broken - Healing is a concept of wholeness and I'll never heal while accepting only half of my human existence.

8) I want to love you enough to let you love me.

9) Perhaps I should lay off the books on tantric sex and the Dalai Lama (not the same book) for awhile...

2 comments:

nicole said...

Your thought processes are so healthy to me, so real and unflinching. And if you have to be 'sick' then at least you should have a healthy state of mind, right?!

jm said...

How true! Everyone - check out Girl From The North Country - linked on the other page. She's a wise and witty woman.