A mere 5 weeks from today I will be hitting the road (with new tires, I promise) and heading for Billings via Bismarck. I can't wait to be with The Family!
All we do for about 2 days is hug, but then we get used to seeing each other because we're together 24/7. Throw in the fact that we all expel the same evil gas due to eating my dad's famous calico beans for every meal - day in and day out - and, well, the atmosphere gets a little toxic. There's always some emotional thunderstorm, a good board game girls vs. boys (which the boys have won 7 years in a row- ugh) and then the air clears and we go back to incessant hugging because we're leaving soon.
Truly the best week of my life every year.
6 comments:
Yes, and the best week of my year also. I spend the entire year waiting for that week and then I spend the whole week wishing I could get just one nights sleep... But I would be sooooooo sad if all of the gang did not come home. I know it will happen someday, but I don't even want to think about it.
If family is wealth, Bill Gates, move over...
Terr-Dogg
Ahhh, this was such a sweet entry and sweet comment. I am also counting down the sleeps until I can be with the Fam. It's the only reason for even tolerating Christmas...
i don't have to travel to see my family.
i think it's a blessing and a curse.
This year I get to count down the days, too! How lucky am I?
No Sleep, Terr-Dogg. Sleep is for the weak!
Adub! I am so excited to take you home. i can't wait to show you off.
Post a Comment