It's supposed to be over 100 degrees with the heat index this weekend, and we're well on our way. Thank god they aren't roasting beans today.
The girl who poured my iced tea told me the heat is making her ravenous for some unknown reason, and she's allowing herself to indulge in everything she wants.
This happens during heatwaves. Some hook up with people they wouldn't otherwise, animals go crazy, I spend hours in the air-conditioning at B&N bookstore camped out in the Physics section. That's right. Physics. Today I can't get enough String Theory. The barrista longs to satiate her sweet tooth, my neighbor longs for a hot, sweaty encounter in the sheets and I long for an equation, a theory, to explain it all. I want the ultimate answer to all my questions.
2 comments:
Looking for the answer...in the physics section? Huh. Well, I spent an awful lot of time looking for physics answers, so I can kind of relate. By the way, have you read Phillip Pullmans "Dark Materials" trilogy? A brilliant and subversive mix of physics and religion, for your pleasure.
And now Brian Green has a NOVA special on PBS. I'm totally hooked on superstring theory. I haven't read Dark Materials. I'll check it out. Thanks, CMM
Post a Comment