It's been a rough week at work. A physician threatens to leave and take her patients with her. The program director comes to my office unannounced, sits down and asks me, "What are we going to do?" I'm exhuasted and not feeling well.
As I leave work I'm blinded by the sunlight and can feel the heat and humidity curling every hair on my head.
There he is, with a big smile and a How are you? You sure are pretty. Have a nice day!
He's homeless and he's been there to brighten my day every night this week.
3 comments:
Who is HE??? Are you regressing back to code talk again? Oh dear, I'm going to have to get my decoder (jdoc) out again.
I hope you're feeling better though. Maybe you should move to MT where there is no humidity. But don't let me fool you - there is HEAT and a lot of it. But it's all so much more bearable w/o humidity - especially on those of us with curls ;-)
bdoc -- I'm pretty sure he's the homeless guy she passes on the way to her car every day. Code cracked. Glad to be of use.
YUP! Jdoc got it right. I work near the Dorothy Day Center.
I do miss the dry heat of MT. I miss MT. They have begun showing MT Tourism commercials here. Makes the yearning that much stronger.
Post a Comment