Friday, July 14, 2006

I got a Speak n Spell for my 5th Birthday

Let's put it out there. Let's just state the truth.

I CAN'T SPELL.

I don't care, either. Ok, I do care, but not enough to change that fact. I blame it on my non-linear thought process. I'm abstract, not concrete. And shouldn't language be fluid?

4 comments:

Connie said...

I smell bad too. I mean I SPELL bad too and have crappy grammer.

Anonymous said...

I bell sad two, butt sew watt? If ewe luv me use geyes will fourgive my litle messtakes.

Terr-Dogg

cmm said...

This rigid spelling regime is of relatively recent vintage, I believe. For hundreds of years, English was at the mercy of slobs like Shakespeare and Austen, merrily misspelling as they created the canon. Now we have the Merriam-Webster/Strunk & White nazis telling us how to live. Retsit! Untie!

jm said...

You are all so funny! I love reading phoenetically.

And an English degree means I can have a license to make up words, right?