Last Sunday I went horseback riding with a friend. The horses belong to her sister. In case you don't know, horses like to test boundaries. They like to see just how 'in charge' their humans are. If you're even a little nervous, they can tell and they'll keep picking on you. My friend was nervous. To be honest, so was I, but I've been around horses enough to know how to stand my ground. Poor Jen.
We had been riding in the indoor arena for a couple of hours and decided to go outside. Her horse decided he was done. It was hot, we were crazy. He was going back.
So he took off with her on his back, holding onto the seat horn with both hands and yelling "HO!" My horse head her and stopped. Her horse just went faster. "HO! Help! You guys! Help!"
Happy ending, but she had to bring him back out so that the horse wouldn't think he'd won, although we all know he did.
On the 2-hour drive home we would be sitting quietly, enjoying the air-condition, until one of us would shout out, "HO!" and we'd laugh until we were wiped away tears.
1 comment:
I went horseback riding once. My horse stopped in a creek and would not move. it was humiliating. They seem like nice creatures, but I just can't trust them anymore.
Post a Comment