Saturday, July 29, 2006

Update While "Zoning"

The Parents are visiting! I'm really excited about this because I don't get to see my family very often It's a special treat and want to show them everything. Unfortunately, they're exhausted because they've been traveling for a month and I'm not feeling so well. It's a good thing we like each other enough to just sit in their air-conditioned hotel room and watch Comedy Central.

Last night was College Friend Night. We met up with Dad's old college roommate and Jdoc. The restaurant was great and the food was excellent. We even got personalized matchbooks!

It's too hot here for us to do much wandering about the city, which is a pity, but we did go see Body Worlds at the Science Museum, which was amazing. I highly recommend it. The human body is fascinating, especially when one is holding one's internal organs in one's hands.

At the moment, I'm supposed to be at a Prostate Cancer Race at the Lake near my house, but I was unable to find the registration or my co-worker's booth. In fact, I saw no sign of the race at all. This is not good since I am the one who gave another co-worker directions on how to find it. I suspect I will be hearing about this on Monday. I probably mixed up the locations. This happens when there are 10,000 lakes.

Bright side! I have an hour before I meet The Parents for brunch at their Inn and that gives me just enough time to stop at the coffee shop and read blogs.

Also, I'm feeling a little high - or at least very ON. I look very cute today, if I may say so myself, and feel the thrill of high dose prednisone pulsing through my blood stream. My legs are crossed and my foot is bouncing in hyper-time to the slow jazzy music. It looks like it's fighting to free itself from my body. I've decided to call this "Zoning" - as in Predni"zoning". It's that hyper stage when I stay up all night doing weird things like pumicing my feet and cleaning out the microwave. Laughing often leads to crying and... oh, right. THIS is why I quit sugar. It may not help my symptoms, but it does keep me more sane while I'm on steroids. I just tried to suck iced coffee through my stir stick - must have thought it was a straw. Observation: It's very difficult to suck coffee up through a thin piece of wood. Impossible, even.

I wonder where that race is...

It's 9 AM and it's already super hot. Ugh, again with the stir stick straw!

5 comments:

aemelia said...

Thass my girl! Say hi to the folks. Tell them I miss Montana.

Anonymous said...

The race was at Nokomis. I was doing my own run while it went on. I looked for you, but now I understand why I could not find you.

Does "zoning" mean you feel any better? Does it wear off?

Connie said...

I am happy to hear that you feel well!

It is also impossible to drink coffee out of a travel mug when the little flap thingy is closed. Just FYI. Oh and that little air hole will then explode coffee on your shirt. Another FYI.

Enjoy your fam.

Girl of Approval said...

The wooden stick may give you better luck than trying to drink a McDonald's shake out of a real straw. Just a thought.

I enjoy reading your blog and thought I'd drop by to let you know. Usually, I just prowl unnoticed; I slink over from cdoc's blog. :) But wanted to say hello.

jm said...

Welcome GOA! I have often seen your comments on Artemis. Glad to have you here as well!

You are right, jdoc, the race was at Nokomis. Dr. M vows never to take directions from me again.

Auto, I love seeing your little white water rafting picture. It makes me miss MT every time. We will have to get together for brunch at bdocs wedding and experiment with all the ways one can drink coffee. I'll bring the bibs.

Adub - our folks had brunch and the stories were abundant! I loved it!